Share This Article
With the increasingly strong development of the economy, office buildings have sprung up a lot, especially in cities and urban areas. To have sound, and beautiful offices, first of all, design standards must ensure standards, modernity, and sophistication.
Brief introduction of concepts
You can easily see high-rise buildings with many buildings rented by businesses and used for official purposes. Office buildings are where companies’ headquarters and offices are located.
Unlike apartments that are often rented to live in, consisting of residential households and equipped with many household items, the office is where the collective’s work takes place. That requires it to be aesthetically pleasing, spacious, and ensure a workspace for many people depending on the area.
Businesses need to understand and put office building design standards first. When your building stands out, it will get more tenants and generate high, long-term profits. Moreover, it also helps you calculate the most scientific, make full use of the area, and create a high-performance working environment.
Design standards for office buildings
These standards will be designed based on the requirements set by an office building in terms of comfort, safety, convenience, and modernity. Usually, each type of office will promote different standards but will be built the basics on the following.
Standards for quality and safety
Safety standards of the building include emergency exits, installation of electrical lines, water pipes to ensure convenience and safety of use, and security and surveillance cameras to ensure peace of mind when working.
Office design must have sensors and open and close valves. In addition, offices must have fan lines and ducts to ensure that office space is continuously circulated. The exits at the building must have a width of more than 1.2m.
In particular, it is mandatory for each building to meet fire protection standards. Especially high-rise buildings, to ensure peace of mind when working. High-rise buildings must have the following functional spaces: lobby, standing room, protection area, waiting for a place, building technical management room, traffic function space (stairs, corridors, ladders) machine); technical space (a room is containing electrical and water equipment)…
Design standards for office buildings in terms of basements for parking
– Basement must have a minimum height of 2.2m. There must be at least two exits, and the size is not less than 0.9×1.2m. The driveway must be open to the main road, not the corridor.
– The minimum slope of the entrance to the basement is 14% of the length. Straight slope and curved slope are 17%
– The basement and basement walls need to be poured with reinforced concrete 20cm thick to prevent groundwater or wastewater from neighboring houses from infiltrating.
– Must design an elevator down to the basement of the building
Design standards ensure the aesthetics of office buildings.
Office buildings today are not only four walls with tables and chairs to sit on, but the important thing in design is aesthetics. A beautiful office with spacious and comfortable space helps employees be more motivated to work daily.
Can decorate the office according to preferences and themes suitable for each type of work. For example, for industries that require creativity, it can be designed in a relaxed, a bit liberal style. As for severe sectors, they need details to ensure luxury and high modernity.
Design standards to ensure the safety of office buildings
In office building design standards, safety is particularly concerned. Employees cannot focus on work if dangers await them, especially for technology-related jobs. An office building needs to meet the following safety standards to ensure employees can work safely:
- The offices are designed with self-contained and high railings to avoid risks. Currently, most use large glass panels to shield both against the impact of the outside environment and can help the people sitting inside feel more comfortable while working and enjoying the beautiful scenery.
- The office floor surface ensures good adhesion. Avoid using flooring materials that are easy to slip and very dangerous for walking and moving.
- Elevators, stairs, and emergency exits are arranged reasonably in open places.
- Equipped with fire extinguishers and fire alarms at necessary positions in the office.
Design standards to ensure the usability of office buildings
In designing an office building, it is necessary to calculate how it should be arranged to ensure the function’s most rational and scientific use. It is not easy to have an impressive office. It depends a lot on the ability to observe the subtlety of the worker.
For example, you will be very excited when entering a small office, but everything is arranged correctly, and everyone feels spacious with space for themselves. On the other hand, a large office with unfashionable furniture will create a claustrophobic feeling. Often many companies will conduct important transactions in the office, so making a good impression on partners about an intelligent workplace is very important.
In addition to the three fundamental standards, it depends on the type of work to make appropriate requirements for modern features, themes, flexibility…
Suppose the above office building design standards are guaranteed. In that case, the employees will inevitably feel motivated to go to work every day for the highest work efficiency.